- hook: TMC 2312 size 8 or 10
- thread: Uni-thread 6/0 red
- body: dubbed burnt orange mixed with black, orange or black foam over top
- hackle: black, mixed with black rubber legs
- wing: brown antron
- fishing hints: The carpenter ant migration in late spring and early summer is the full meal deal for hungry opportunistic trout. The biggest of the ant clan can be an inch long as they done wings for this once a year event. Fish this pattern dead drifted with an occasional twitch and be ready! Even after this insect event is over trout can often be coaxed off the bottom just from the appetite memory of this savory gullet-filling morsel.